HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
For Valentine’s Day are you thinking of hearts, flowers, chocolates and greeting cards? Just in time to commemorate Valentine’s Day, a recent poll from Trulia.com asked what home features couples consider most important in maintaining a happy, loving and passionate relationship.
“We found that couples, new and old, need a balance of features in their home,” says Heather Fernandez, Trulia’s vice president of marketing. “Some features allow them to spend quality time together, but (they also want) individual space so they aren’t constantly tripping over one another.” The top 10 list includes:
1. Dual sinks in the master bath.
2. A Jacuzzi tub made for two.
3. His and hers closets.
4. A “man” room for his stuff.
5. A large kitchen island.
6. A bedroom big enough for a king size bed.
7. Water views for sunrises and sunsets.
8. Bright and airy spaces.
9. Storage, storage, storage.
10. A fireplace. Said one pollster: “If movies and TV have taught me anything, it’s that a bear skin rug and a fireplace (maybe some candles, too) are key to keeping the magic alive.”
© 2009 FLORIDA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS